A very happy New Year to everyone.
I hope you will enjoy our varied programme of activities on offer during 2018. You will find details of our events online, or you can view our summer study events in our Summer 2018 Study Events brochure – booking is now open. More courses and events will be added during the year. Topics for new events in the summer period are:
- Picasso, a study day in April led by Ben Street
- Art at St Paul’s Cathedral, a visit in April to view the cathedral’s contemporary art programme
- The Renaissance Collector, a spring school in May led by Clare Ford-Wille. This is a new event consisting of two days of lectures and a visit to the V&A on the third day.
- Linklaters’ Art Collection, a visit in May led by the collection curator
- Brixton Barnstormer, a walk in May led by Andrew Davies
In addition, two study tours are planned during 2018. A tour to Dublin in July – a city full of history and culture. And in November a trip to Venice which is celebrating Tintoretto’s 500th anniversary this year. This tour will be led by Carlo Corsato who led the Villas of the Veneto tour in 2017. Our tour organiser is also investigating the possibility of a short trip to Brussels to participate in the art nouveau and deco festival in March. Further details of the Dublin and Venice tours are available online or with this letter.
As always, there are many stimulating exhibitions showing in London during 2018, and a listing of major exhibitions in the first half of the year can be found online or with this letter.
Also enclosed is our latest Newsletter reporting on the Society’s activities during 2017. You will notice in the Chairman’s letter that sadly two of our past Committee members passed away last year. Last Word is a tribute to their dedication and contribution to the success of the Society.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for all our members and are always interested in your opinions and suggestions, so please email our Secretary, or write to us via our correspondence address if you have any comments about what we do right or what else we might do.