Letter to Members, May 2019
A variety of new events have been organised by the Society during the summer plus three courses starting in the autumn, all of which are now available for booking online. Please find a list of new events and courses below. Just click on the title to access more details on individual events:
- Cast Courts at the V&A – a 90-minute study visit led by a museum guide. Please note that there are two dates for this visit: 22nd May and 25th June.
- Goncharova and Women Artists of the avant-garde – a study day led by Natalia Murray.
- The Bauhaus: a design for life – a study day led by Thomas Abbott.
- Early Italian Art – four more study days in the summer series, led by John Jenner and Clare Ford-Wille.
- Michelangelo: Man and Master of the Italian Renaissance – a study day led by Caroline Brooke.
- Works of Byzantine Art and Architecture – a five-week course led by Lyn Rodley.
- Art and Photography: a cultural history – a five-week course led by Tim Satterthwaite.
- Rembrandt 350: a commemoration of his life and work, 1606-1669 – a five-week course led by Clare Ford-Wille.
There are still some places available on the following summer events already advertised:
- Leonardo da Vinci, a study visit on 30th May – additional places available
- Early Italian Art – Pisa – day 2 of the summer series (limited places)
- Hogarth’s London – a study walk
- Conservation Studios, British Library – a study visit on 10th July (limited places); and a second visit on 6th August
We hope you will find the varied selection of subjects appealing.