Members letter April 2021
I hope you are all well and looking forward to visiting museums again very soon.
A variety of new events have been organised by the Society during the summer and autumn terms, all of which are now available for booking online. The summer events continue to be held online and in the autumn we will return to meeting at venues in person. The venues we have booked have large spaces which allow safe social distancing, and covid rules will be applied according to government guidelines, including wearing face masks. If government regulations change and it is not possible to run events ‘live’ we will present them online.
Please find a list of new events and courses below. Just click on the title to access more details about individual events:
- Like Minded Souls: the De Morgans and Macintosh/Macdonald, an online study day led by Anne Anderson on 1 July
- Annunciation to Last Judgement: themes and variations in Christian art, a series of six linked study events which can be booked individually or as a whole series. The series is led by Clare Ford-Wille from 6 July to 24 September. Events 1-4 in the summer are online and 5-6 in the autumn in person.
- German Expressionism, a five-week course led by Niccola Shearman, starting on 13 September
- Spanish Art II: Goya to Dali and beyond, a five-week course led by Jacqueline Cockburn, starting on 22 October
- Art for Salvation: the Friars and their patronage in central Italy c. 1230-1450, a five-week course led by Dr John Renner, starting on 13 November
There are places available on Francis Bacon and Lucian Freud: Modern Figures, an online study event led by Ben Street, on 18/19 May.